Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Risky Business

     When it comes to learning about the Internet there are things that are common for people to know. In today's  day and age it more notable that the older users of computer are behind with the Internet while the younger people are able to find new and improved ways to get there wants and satisfy there needs for free, yes I said FREE! Back when the Internet wasn't as advanced as it was today people still did try to get things for free, the most common things were music movies and basically any form of entertainment. The difference from then to now is that there are hundreds of way to find anything you want for free, but still the more common use for this method is for music and movies. now that the Internet is to the point it is today you kind basically find anything that used for computers now the list can go on and on. When it come to committing these forms of acts they really are not so "FREE" when people understand the punishments for now what it called an illegal downloadable purchase or stealing. These were first discovered and investigated  among people having a P2P which is peer to peer sharing, which was at first determined legal until they found out people were stealing and sharing it to anyone for free. The highest punishment for downloading music is 5 year in prison or the other punishments of a fine of $250,000, and the last punishment is $750 per 1 song illegally downloaded music. imagine if your son or daughter downloaded say 9575 song over a time span of 2 years and they end up getting caught because they downloaded those last 25 songs she/he wanted. Now after court and the judge give the punishment of $750 per 1 song, now total that up your son or daughter will have to pay a grand total of $7,181,250. Now does a song for $0.99 sound so bad? I think not!

Here is a link of kid rock explaining what stealing music is like.
https://www.youtube.com/v/KUgB0hNf0bs?fs=1&hl=en_US

     What I have personal learned from this module is looking back on the time I've done these action I personal do not do them anymore. I downloaded music all the time ever since finding out about the fine, penalties and punishments I've gone back to my main computer were it was hold all the music and completely whipped out any and all music. It's really not worth it after find out what can happen to someone who is caught doing these acts. Like I said the Internet has come a long way and things are easily hack able and people can access your WIFI if not protected. That's the worst thing someone could come up to a random house without a locked wifi password, someone could come use it download who knows what and then end up with a knock on your door because the internet is in you're name.


This image here is the SSID where it shows was the name of my router and what Internet I have connected my computer too. The name of my router is the Motorola and yes this wifi is protected with a very confusing password that I created that even my family has a hard time understanding when they type the password in. The company did give us a default password but after finding out that its best to change the default password in this module that's what I did! I also changed many setting to make the Internet options from the default setting to what I showed everyone would be the safest settings!

No comments:

Post a Comment